More than you wanted to know
I’m a experienced product design leader for large-scale consumer technology products at Adobe, Microsoft and Amazon.
I lead multidisciplinary teams, developing vision, strategy, systems and product experiences for physical environments, services, touch-optimized experiences ( Android, iOS, Windows 8, Fire OS), Voice interfaces (Amazon Alexa) browsers and desktop commercial software.
I am an adept team leader with a talent for mentoring, organizational design, and developing multi-disciplinary design teams. I’m currently the product design leader for Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery execution platform and Amazon Flex, Amazon's global crowdsourcing service for delivering to customers.
I engage daily with key business stakeholders across the company and its international subsidiaries, and lead strategy and product design initiatives across multiple Amazon business units.
My experience includes:
- Service design for crowdsourcing and last mile delivery for Amazon Logistics and Amazon Prime now.
- Design for voice-based interfaces for shopping, connected home, and extensibility (Alexa Skills)
- Design for in-vehicle/automotive interfaces
- Confidential Amazon products
- New product initiatives for k-12 education
- Content subscription models, including strategy for member acquisition, e-commerce, retention, and content consumption
- Global-scale web services, cloud storage, and communications
- Desktop application design for Windows and OSX
Raised in the wilds of Suburban Washington D.C., I spent my formative years fighting with my four younger brothers and being instructed in the finer points of Catholic guilt by Jesuit priests. Since then, I’ve managed to work, live or travel to 38 states, eight foreign countries, one semi-sovereign territory and four out of seven continents.
I currently live in Seattle with my wife, our three children, and and a dog with dubious origins named Pete. I’m always on the lookout for new opportunities to work with smart, interesting people that want to change the world.